The Schuurman Schimmel – van Outeren Stichting provides scholarships to talented and ambitious but also financially disadvantaged young people. They do this from the fund the founders established in 1883 as well as from Stichting De Korinthiërs and the Voet Stipendium. Have you successfully started your studies, and will you graduate within a reasonable period of time, but are you no longer able to pay your tuition? Then you can apply for a scholarship from Schuurman Schimmel. If you meet ALL the criteria, you can apply for a scholarship of up to €4,000 per year (possible to apply over multiple years). You do this by filling in the application form, completing it with the corresponding documents and emailing it. A scholarship may be a gift, an interest-free loan or a combination of these.
- You are pursuing a full-time university academic programme or an HBO arts programme in the Netherlands or an HBO programme in Haarlem
- You have Dutch nationality or are a student from abroad
- You have successfully started with your study and will graduate within the foreseeable future
- You have fallen into financial difficulties beyond your fault
- You are between the ages of 18 and 30
- You can no longer pay for your studies independently or with the help of your parents
- You have a demonstrable deficit in your budget, despite taking advantage of all funding options, including maximum loan and tuition credit via the DUO.
- Note: this scholarship does not support the first academic year.
Register here(opens in a new tab) to access the application.